Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BRENNA TIME


Brenna had her time each day with mama before the baby was born. After the brothers went down for their daily nap she had about an hour with me and only me. We played games and did her letters. Since Cynthia, I have tried to give her a little one-on-one time each day bit at times it is difficult. Her disappointment came on gradually and blew up one day.

At first it was seen when Shane yelled from downstairs, "Brenna, I love you!" and he heard the reply. "Yeah, but I bet you love Cynthia more."

Then a day of tears about a week later revealed the full weight of her feelings. "Mom, you never want me ever since Cynthia came out."

Now I try to play with her. She doesn't just want to be with me, she wants my full attention...for just a little moment each day. That is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment