Friday, November 20, 2009

GOT MILK?


Last night my breast pump broke without warning. I nearly freaked out. Every morning when I wake up I pump 24 ounces!!! I was pretty sure I might explode if I could not pump. I am also continually battling mastitis because I have so much milk, I knew I would get it also...and severe.

My solutions: Borrow one temporarilly and taper down my milk supply fast and quit pumping. Or buy a new one.

But...what about the next baby. I will still need it when I am at work in the future.

But...I have noticed that once mothers stop breastfeeding their kids get sick. They get their first ear infection or worse. I am not willing to quit pumping until the winter/flu/cold season is over. No complications from H1N1 in this house.

But...my babies still are not suposed to have cows milk until they are 14 months, because their tummies are 2 months premature. I could do the formula thing but that is expensive.

But...I really like to be able to eat whatever and however much I want and still lose a pound whenever I step on the scale.

A year ago I would have never believed that I would pump this long. The pump and I have built a strong bond. I really think that as a mother has to wean the baby from breatfeeding...I need to be weaned from the pump. I think that I have become too attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment