Thursday, November 11, 2010

BAREFOOT


I heard that it is the new trend to run marathons barefoot. Experts say that it makes you run with better ergonomics. When I could not find my other running shoe, I realized that it was in the babies room. I had just put them down for a nap and they were finally quiet. I did not want to disturb them.

So I put on some socks and ran on my treadmill for a few miles. It was totally doable on a treadmill but the next day is when I learned of the consequences of my actions. Running barefoot works a whole other set of muscles that do not get used at any other time. I could barely walk for the next few days because my calves were so sore.

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa,
    Happy Birthday sweet girl. We miss seeing you. But I love to see you in my mind, with your three precious children and loving husband. Happy a beautiful birthday. I am so grateful for the way you touched our lives.
    Geneen

    ReplyDelete