Tuesday, November 2, 2010

RUNNING IS HISTORY


How did it happen? I was running daily and then about 3 weeks ago...nothing. I kept putting it off because I was busy with other things and then got to scared to hop on the treadmill knowing it would hurt.

There are a few excuses I can come up with to make me feel better...

I was constantly busy doing house selling stuff. Paperwork, phone calls, emails...

Stress. Running would have helped but instead I chose the better part and read my scriptures in the last few weeks of sunshine instead of running.

I plateaued and it seemed like I wasn't getting any instant gratification from the miles and miles I was doing.

I started on a med. No, I rarely take medications, but I gave in and asked my MD for some help. The medication had side effects that made my abdomen hurt all the time, moderately nauseous, and drowsy. I had no motivation to do anything productive except the essentials. I felt pregnant...yuck. Once the side effects wore off or became bearable I was out of shape.

I also moved my treadmill so that my house looked desirable to potential buyers. I enjoyed running to movies but now it is not next to the TV. I tired listening to CDs but got bored fast with my selection.

All added together led to me quitting cold turkey. I plan on restarting but not today. Soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment