Saturday, December 11, 2010

SOLD


As of Monday, December 2nd, we no longer own our condo. Very bitter-sweet. It cost us A LOT of money to get it sold. It was not that we could not make our payments, it was just that we do not have faith in the economy and believe that it would take 5-10 years for the value to come back up. We could not squeeze anything else into that tiny place, and could not wait 5-10 years before selling it. We were just about to give up and foreclose, take the hit on our credit, but then the windows of heaven opened.

We had a viewing drought. We did not have anyone come and see our place for a few weeks. Then, I got a call from a Realtor asking to show my house later that afternoon. "Sure" I said, knowing that I needed all the in between time to clean/prepare it for showing. "Oh by the way" he says, "I am at the property right now. I like to do a walk through before I bring the client." I opened the door to find him standing there. I took a quick look at myself. I had a cold sore on my nose medicated with a thick white cream, was in workout clothes with my hair in a high pony tail. I took a look at my condo. I had been slacking off that day and it was a mess. I had a sick husband on the bed in one room, and the brothers trying to take a nap in the other. Brenna was running around being a ham, and asking a million questions. I was SOO embarrassed.

I assured him that he will see a DRASTIC difference in the state of the condo when he came back that afternoon. I guess he believed me because he brought them back that afternoon, and that night they offered us our asking price...in cash...and asked if we could be out in 3 weeks.

We KNEW it was a blessing from heaven and that all the rest would just fall into place. The process was easy and smooth. Now that it is sold we are restful and happy with our decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment