Saturday, December 11, 2010

WE ARE RENTERS


WOW, so much harder than owning. You have to search a million places to find the one that you want in your price range. It is just like buying a house but you have to do it every 1-2 years.

I was not too concerned about moving because we are not pack rats and do not have a whole lot of stuff...but I was wrong. It was tough. Karen and I packed it up in 2 mornings...Shane and Jayson moved it in one night...and I spent the next 3 weeks unpacking. The majority of our problem was my addiction to food storage. It made up at least 50% of our move.

We looked at a few places. Shane was STRICT that the place had to have a 2 car garage and adequate parking. At our condo we had to take the car out of the garage, save a parking spot for the vehicle we were using, and then switch back when we got home. I made the mistake of leaving work at 0300 in the morning. There were no parking spots. I had to park in the neighborhood over, and walk a quarter of a mile in the pouring rain. He also believes that he MUST have room in the garage for a ping pong table.

We actually applied and were determined to live in a house in the same neighborhood, but a friend who desperately needed a renter begged and negotiated to have us rent her place. It turned out to be GREAT. There is only one bummer part...they are going to put it back up for sale in the future...I do not want to move again. I guess the only solution is to save, buy it from her and live here for the rest of our lives.

It is so much bigger than our 1060 square foot condo. In hindsight, I have NO idea how we lived there for so long. It was tight quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment