Thursday, August 9, 2012

MAKING PINS

I am a pinterest addict. I love to go on and pin all the cool things. We went to a BBQ at a friends house and I noticed the cupcakes and meal and multiple things in her home were inspired by pins on pinterest. I realized that I needed to actually do something with all the cool things. My favorite is to pin cool things to do with my kids...so devised a plan and called Ashley. I knew that I would not consistently make time unless I had someone else in on it.

During the summer, while school is out, we have gotten together once a week and had an "activity" - as the kids have come to call it. One person does a snack activity and the other a craft activity. Then we eat lunch. So much fun.

Made gak
Made sugar cookies where each child added their own sprinkles to the mix.
Made ivory soap explode in the microwave and then added food coloring and reshaped it.
Planted plants in flower boxes.
Put faces on cups and planted grass seeds in them to grow "hair".
Made ranchers lollipops.
Made crayons by remelting broken crayons.
Made rice krispy treats with each childs own sprinkles on top.
Made chocolate pudding  and gummy worms dessert.
...

The kids LOVE it.

1 comment: