Friday, October 22, 2010

GROUND BEEF...YUCK


My husband has been steadily increasing in his dislike for ground beef. He went from tolerating it...eating it only if it is overly flavored, like meatloaf...to banning it from the house. The problem was that I had about 20 lbs in the freezer. There is no way I would use all that before it goes bad, if he won't eat it.

So I canned it. Yep, I felt very domestic. I looked up a how-to video on You tube and I believe it turned out edible. It was the first time using a pressure canner by myself. I did not realize and do not understand why ground beef that is cooked before it is canned, has to be in the pressure cooker for another 75 minutes. It was a lot more work than I thought but I did it. The hardest part was keeping the kids out of the kitchen all day.

Shane says that he might eat it if he is starving and it is an emergency. By the way, Shane is not picky. This is one of the few things that he has put his foot down.

No comments:

Post a Comment