Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TWINS

A friend told me on Sunday that she just found out that her 5th child will have a twin. It is not a good idea to ask me what it is like to have twins when I have not slept for 30 hours. I probably terrified her...but the truth is...I LOVE it.

Part of the reason that I think that I like being pregnant is because you get a lot of attention and always have something to talk about. Twins provides the same bonuses. I often use it to build re pore with my patients. If they are not warming up to me, I pull out pictures of my twins and soon they are smiling laughing and telling me about their loved ones.

It is hard when they are sick at the same time. It is hard when they are both climbing out of cribs. It is tough being a whale when you are pregnant. It is AWFUL being on bed rest. It is tough for the men who have to help out because you cannot do it alone...no matter how super mom you are. It is tough feeling like you cannot go anywhere or find a babysitter to watch two babies.


It has not been horrible to have twins. In some ways it has been easier. They always have each other instead of needing mamas attention every minute. You get really buff from carrying them around. You get thin from breast feeding and chasing them around. You have to babies smiling at you and saying cute things. You learn to love to play, play, play. People always step into help, you will not be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment