Thursday, April 21, 2011

GERMS


I dread all of my children being sick at once. It is exhausting. Since I am a nurse my germ phobia comes into full force when they are contagious. I try to avoid it from spreading but inevitably...it does. So after the last illness, I decided to try another approach and I vowed that if any of them got sick again I would make them all drink out of the same cup, or use the same spoon just to get it over with instead of it dragging on for weeks.

They actually haven't been sick so far this winter. And it is my fault for bragging out loud about it because Landon got sick. I woke up from a nap after the night shift and Karen said that Landon had a fever and would not swallow. I took him to urgent care on Shane's lunch break just to assure it was not strep and not pass it around.

On a side note. As a nurse I feel extra silly bringing my children to the doctor at the first sign of illness. I began to feel, as I sat in the waiting room, that all eyes were on me saying, "isn't she used to this as a nurse? Why is she so quick to bring him in? He doesn't even look sick." I felt like turning around and taking him back home. I audibly cheered when the MD told me that he DEFINATELY had strep, and he was glad I brought him in.

Anyway...I called Shane with the news as soon as I left the MD's office. Then when I walked in the door I found Jackson lying in Landon's blankie drinking out of Landon's sippy cup!!! I fully predicted another trip to the urgent care the following day for Jack Jack. Shane was fired from babysitting for... a half a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment