Tuesday, March 30, 2010

COULD HAVE BEEN BAD


I drive a stick shift car. I am very good about putting it in first gear, and putting on the emergency brake when I park.

One night as I rushed to the store and back. I pulled into the garage, which is getting fairly overcrowded. I pulled too far in and bonked a few things. So I put the car in reverse and back up slightly. I got out of the car and looked at the stuff I bonked. The car was a little further back than I thought that I reversed. Oh well my hands were full so I proceeded to walk inside and I would return to shut the garage door. I did happen to take one last glance before I turned the corner and noticed that the car was sticking out of the garage a little. I must have really overcompensated after I bonked that stuff. It wasnt until I returned to the garage that the car was even further out.

After I reversed I forgot to take it out of reverse and did not put on the parking brake. The car was rolling backward and if I did not catch it soon it would have been down the hill and into the neighbors condo.

Needless to say I was so embarrassed that it took a few hours to confess it to Shane.

No comments:

Post a Comment