Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BUSY DANCE

Something we have done for awhile is the busy dance. For example, I woke up after a BUSY night shift and my house was trashed. I got a call for someone to come view the property in 30 minutes. I girded my loins and went to work but the children wanted my attention at the same time. To end the madness I begin the "busy dance" and then they occupied rest of the hour doing it together.

I got it from Veggie Tales: Love Your Neighbor. It is the Good Samaritan story except...it is a pickle that gets his head stuck in a hole along the road. The mayor and a doctor stop as they walk by but they spend all their time explaining how busy they are instead of helping the poor pickle. And they sing this song while they do it.

We're busy, busy, dreadfully busy
You've no idea what we have to do.
Busy, busy, shockingly busy
Much, much too busy for you.

'Cause we're busy, busy, frightfully busy
More than a bumblebee, more than an ant.
Busy, busy, horribly busy
We'd love to help, but we can't!

I grab one child's hands and we dance around the room with fast feet. They LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment