Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CANT HIDE YOUR SINS


Everyday before Shane gets home from work the house is picked up and dishes done. I do it mainly so he can relax and not have to watch the kids while I am running around cleaning up. I also do it hoping he will catch on and have the house clean for me after a night shift and not like a hurricane had hit. Still working on him ;).

I also have this fear of a messy home, or people thinking I am messy. Silly but I think it stems from my surroundings growing up. Unlivable to say the least. It is so silly that one day a fedex man dropped off a few packages. I was horrified that he could see that my entryway was a mess. In an hour my house was spotless. I also went to visit a friend in AZ recently that made sure her house was clean and mopped before I came because she knew mine was ALWAYS clean.

I can trick them but I cannot hide my sins. My carpet is a DISASTER. I blame it on 3 babies, but really it is their mom that lets them walk around with crackers and sippy cups. Brenna also does most of her eating at the kitchen counter over the living room carpet, and the brothers have learned how to pull down her food when I am not looking.

I have begun to be extremely embarrassed. The rugs that we bought just do not hide all spills. So I took drastic measures. It was my turn to host the FHE group. That meant 7 ladies would spend the evening in my home. YIKES!! I got my carpets cleaned 2 days prior. I would have pulled it off too, but my sister-in-law knows me and pointed out in front of everyone that my carpets MUST have just been cleaned. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard enough just keeping the front rooms picked up so that if unannounced guests come by (boo!) I'm not totally embarrassed. What's really embarrassing are the rooms no one sees... my bedroom, my bathroom, laundry room, etc. Those are sadly neglected because I just don't have time to get to them... you know, between facebooking and blogging and all! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally pulled it off. Your house looks so great. So sorry if I embarrassed you! I knew before-hand that your carpets had been cleaned and I was just commenting on how great it all looked. Don't worry too much. You're not messy at all - you're a momma of 3 sweeties and you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete