Thursday, July 22, 2010

MAMED

I thought that I might put a picture, but for those with weak stomachs I will probably wait and post a healed picture.

I was not being careful when making my soft book and sliced the top of my middle finger. It instantly was bleeding everywhere. I learned quickly that my first aid supplies are not easily accessible. I doused it with peroxide, held it with a few cotton balls and then wrapped in duct tape. At urgent care they laughed when they saw how a nurse had wrapped a wound.

Everyone was unavailable. I called Grandma Fran and she rushed right over. I put the boys down for a nap and a movie on for Brenna expecting to make things easy on her. A few minutes after I left Landon woke up and had puked everywhere. When I got home the dishes were done and Landon back asleep. THANK YOU!!!

Five/six stitches later and I have a whole finger. It is my middle finger. I told the MD to stitch it up nicely because it is my favorite finger. Then I joked that I don't use it very much. He wasn't following my humor but he gave me some good courtesy laughs.

***I was just notified that this moment of stupidity did not only leave my finger forever deformed...it also cost me $250.00. When is Obama care going to kick in? j/k.

No comments:

Post a Comment