Thursday, July 15, 2010

RUNNING ADDICT


There are a few things that I have learned from running.

It becomes addictive. If I do not run I find that I cannot get it off my mind until I give in. Even sometimes if I did run, I still get the urge and have to tell myself not to overdo it.

It is all in my head. I run 3 miles in 30 minutes, which is a snails pace to most. My body enjoys the pace, but it is my mind that I have to fight...especially on a treadmill. My body is not sore the next day and my mind is over it 3 minutes after I stop, but as I am running it can be hard if I let my mind take over. I have found that if I watch one of the "movies I adore", I can smile as I run. I also do not have to concentrate too hard because I have every line memorized.

It is blissful. I have not ever been happier in my life and more even tempered than I am now that I run daily. ***I hear a few that really know me, laughing as they read this. I did not say that I AM even tempered...I said I am MORE even tempered...JAY!!!

It must be hard. I also heard somewhere that "WORKing out" is supposed to be hard or else it is not going to bring results. Before I heard that I would quit if it got too hard, now I push through it and find joy in the accomplishment.

I can do anything for a short period of time. Really 30 minutes is NOTHING. It goes by so fast and then it is over until the next day.

My appetite is none existent. I eat to nourish my body not to give in to cravings. Especially sweets. They still sound good because of past damage but I find myself not finishing it and throwing it away after a few bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment