Thursday, July 1, 2010

STUMBLING BLOCKS


In my house there are a few blockades you have to get through before you can get comfortable.

Why did I wait so long? Was it because I loved the extra "help" rearranging the dishes as I filled the dishwasher? Or was it because I loved the extra worry of babies pulling down hot pans on themselves or opening the oven? Was it because I loved to find babies helping themselves into the fridge? Or...Am I just too cheap to buy one and had to wait until someone gave me a baby gate?

It takes a lot of effort to get that gate on tight enough so that babies do not pull it down. So thus, it is up always and you must climb over it.

Then there is the second and much more annoying blockade. May I remind you that we live in a TINY condo. We have no room to put our computer so we built in shelving and a desk into the closet in our entryway. It has been wonderful except when Shane and I decided not to get cable but just watch Hulu or Netflix on the computer. We used to sit in separate chairs, which provides no opportunity for "snuggling" after a long day. So now we have our love seat in front of the computer, blocking our front door. If you are thin enough you can squeeze out, but it is a LITTLE embarrassing when guests come over unannounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment