Thursday, July 1, 2010

SUMMER GOAL

I only hope that my husband doesn't read this post...or else I will really have to stick to it. I have the goal of getting out on the wake board a few times every time we are out on the boat. Sounds like it should not be difficult but there are a few factors that have prevented it in the past.

I have 3 babies crawling all over me and the boat. If Shane is driving that leaves them with someone else, which is no always the best when they are all trying to crawl over the edge of the boat to get to their mama.

I don't want to mess up my hair. Or...I just don't want to have to restyle me hair again. I do not have that much free time now-a-days.

The water is cold. It is not like Arizona where you get in the pool to stay warm. Hagg Lake is nice and toasty but it is a drive away. The river is always cold because it moves toward the ocean.

I am a wimp and my muscles fatigue fast...even with all the working out I have been doing.

I am not very fun to watch. I am way chicken still. I cringe whenever a boat or barge passes leaving a wake I have to survive.

Really I sound like such a "girl" and my husband would be really disappointed. Therefore I have made my goal. I do love wake boarding. It is fun. But no one can get me on the skyski...never.

***Update: Through this process I have become more comfortable on the wake board and even been told that I am "amazing" on it. I LOVE to go out on the boat and we go any chance we get. Also I am the first one in the water most of the time instead of my old habit of dreading it and waiting until the last one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment