Thursday, July 8, 2010

SPOON FEEDING


I am a bit embarrassed to admit it but every mama has her flaws. There was a time when I let the babies feed themselves. When they were done I would go through the same routine...3-5 times a day.

Clean their hands and faces.

Strip off their clothes because no bib is big enough to cover a food fight between twins.

Clean the high chair...walls...windows...doors...

Distract them as I sweep up the food that fell to the floor.

Mop the floor.

Needless to say, I got exhausted. Now...most of the time...I spoon feed them. It has been working out well. I must adapt in order to survive but there is always a catch. Right when I was comfortable the brothers decided that spoon feeding was not "cool" and would get silverware out of the drawer and demand to get their own bites. The solution...I put a bit on the end of the fork and hand it to them. They hand it back for another bite. It is working out well...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment