Thursday, July 15, 2010

SUSHI JOURNEY


I have a sushi lover as a sister-in-law, but was too chicken to spend money on something that I was pretty sure that I would not adore.

I was naive and in my head pictured sushi only as California rolls. I thought that the filling was the only difference between the different kinds. It was not until I went in to buy a gift card that I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED. There were slabs or fish and eggs on top of rice. Perhaps I could tolerate a small piece wrapped in a roll but DEFINITELY not a mouthful.

But...I do know that there must be a reason why people LOVE it. So I went...I ate...I ate some more. When I was done I said to myself that it was a nice experience but I would not go back.

A week later I could not get it off my mind. I had some serious cravings. So I went back and ever since have been hooked. The humor of it is that it is the slabs of fish that I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment