Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DOOM AND GLOOM

There are a few men at work that Shane knows as the "Doom and Gloomers". They have provided me motivation towards completing my food supply and essentials, which I think is a healthy endeavor. Lately work has been slow and I had more time to sit down and talk with them. The next few days I was scared, feeling unprepared and worried about the future of my children. I have heard many times that I need not worry but need to be faithful.

I do confess I severely lack in the faith category. Faith takes works and I have not been working for it in a long time. But after being sick to my stomach for a few days I realized that no where in the last Ensign is there a word of preparation or "doom and gloom". The message is as it has always been; come closer to Christ.

I also remembered the account of a mission during a last earthquake. They were prepared ahead of time due to a dream that the mission president had. The righteous will be warned and taken care of if they are faithful.

I still do believe that we have to do our part preparing. It is a commandment, but I will begin focusing on being closer to the spirit and listening to the words of the prophets for direction and not the "doom and gloomers".

But I do recommend, along with President Benson, "None Dare to Call it Conspiracy" or Youtube "Benson Conspiracy".

1 comment:

  1. The way I see it, the Lord can take out even the most prepared person if he wants to.

    I think of all the wonderful Saints I met in my mission, who barely had enough to eat, let alone gather a year supply-- and I think the Lord will take care of those who are righteous and close to the spirit and doing all that they can. We need to be preparing. We need to be doing our part. But I believe the Lord will make up the difference for those who are just not able.

    ReplyDelete