Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GARLIC


It all began around flu season last year. There was the big H1N1 scare and I refused the vaccine but I was determined to not get the flu. I researched online and found that fresh garlic is GOOD for you. I began eating I clove a day. It only lasted a few days because my husband would not come near me due to the smell.

The problem was that I wanted all the benefits and heard that it was less beneficial if cooked. I would make a piece of toast and squeeze the garlic onto it and eat it. I actually enjoyed it. It was not bad.

I would then brush, floss, and rinse my mouth multiple times before my husband got home. It never failed that as soon as he walked past me he would ask me if something smelled. I could not trick him...so I gave it up...until yesterday.

I was cooking breakfast and noticed the clove sitting there. I thought that it I grilled it up with breakfast he would not notice. Last night after the kids were in bed he kept asking what I ate today. I could not remember anything that would leave a lasting effect...then it came to me.

It is soo good for you but my husband cannot tolerate it. I heard of a man in the ward that daily eats a concoction of garlic, cayenne pepper, and cod liver oil. His wife eventually got used to it. Will mine?

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm interested to know if he will eventually get over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the cod liver oil and garlic I get. But Cayenne pepper.....daily? Seriously... enlighten me as to the motivation there.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete