Wednesday, August 18, 2010

STAPLES


Instant oatmeal: It is a staple in our house. Brenna has had it for 1-2 meals a day (3 if she can push it) for about a year now. The brothers have learned to love it too. It is the ONLY thing that Landon is guaranteed to finish. We even buy the cheap brand and they devourer it. They do not like it hot, just 20 seconds in the microwave before serving. It is a LIFESAVER.

Spaghetti: Shane's nemesis. When he was small he would "rather die" than eat spaghetti. A few days prior to his mission he decided he would man up and try it again. He found that he actually liked it but the child in him still cringes whenever it is served. I LOVE spaghetti. It is another meal that I can serve for dinner and then for leftovers and my children will eat it every time.

Sandwiches: Kids are funny sometimes. For a few weeks they wanted nothing but PB&J sandwiches but now...they will not touch them with a ten foot pole, no matter how hungry they are.

Salad: Brenna goes crazy and eats all my salad off my plate. The babies cant get enough either. Perhaps it is because during the past year of house arrest, I was unable to get out and get fresh produce often, so now it is a specialty to them.

Milk: I would have to estimate that they go through a gallon of milk a day. I know it is a problem. Sometimes it is all that they babies want. They went 14 months on mainly breast milk and nothing else. They are addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment