Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BACK SEAT DRIVER


Brenna is so helpful. Ever since the brothers came along, she gets the middle seat in the back of the car. She can see everywhere and everything while we are driving. She has begun to notice the street lights. She tells us when to stop (if red) and go (if green).

It is kinda nice to have someone watching your back but she is going to need be retaught how to drive once she is a teenager. NO! Not because I am a bad driver! I will give a few examples...

I was at a turn light and began to turn left when the arrow turned green...Brenna only saw the other red lights and not the arrow. She was freaking out. "No...no...no mom...Don't go"...kicking her legs in a full on tantrum.

Also as soon as she sees the next light is red she expects us to stop where we are. We are trying to teach her that we need to pull up to the line and then stop.

And...my favorite...if we are behind a slow person, she gets so upset that we are going slow (not a good sign...she is learning from my example).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have a couple backseat drivers too that do the exact same thing! It gets obnoxious sometimes!

    ReplyDelete