Friday, June 11, 2010

I AM A RUNNER


I am a runner! Just kidding. I am nothing near it yet, but I am practicing and I do have the desire. I have been running for 3 weeks and it is a habit/addiction already. I thought that 3 miles on the treadmill was impressive but then went to work, and listened as many coworkers reminisced over the half-marathon that they just completed, without even training. That is my dream. Why? No, I am not good at it...and it doesn't necessarily feel good as I am doing it, but afterward I feel such a high and sense of accomplishment. For the rest of the day I have no complaints about my body or guilt for having a snack. I would not have said it 3 months ago but...I LOVE to exercise.

The one thing that keeps me hopeful that I will someday be a runner, is that the same people that LOVE running, HATE the treadmill. They all say that it is 10 times harder to do. Sooo...when I run my measly 3 miles in my home, because I am confined to home and don't get out much, in my head when I am done, I say, "You just ran 30 miles!." Crazy, but it works and it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment