Friday, June 11, 2010

PROACTIVE MOM: PLAN A


Believe it or not...I do not have motherhood figured out ;). But I have found that unless I am proactive I find myself, spending the entire day keeping up my house and counting the minutes until Shane comes home. I forget about spending more "quality" time with my babies. Yes I facilitate play between them all day but then I try to nicely sneak out without notice. Another flaw in my motherhood...since in my blog I am totally open...is that Brenna is addicted to Dora. It began as a pacifier for her, while I worked out but now she has learned to press the "next video" button on Netflix and will watch a few hours unnoticed.

I have found during the last few weeks that motherhood went from a joy...to a drag. Yesterday I felt that I would sell my children if any offer came along...without thinking twice. I realized that it is me, not them. So thus Mission: Proactive Mom has commenced.

Plan A: Preschool
I have realized that in motherhood routine is vital. Also for me as a mother, unless I plan or set time apart, I will be frustrated, annoyed, and watching the clock. So I structured my day and trustingly showed it to my husband. He does not think I am nuts...so I will do it. It has singing time, nap time, Brenna/mommy time, playtime, FHE, and books. A bit ambitious, but I am going to begin Monday. I understand that things will get in the way...I am not strict...I am totally flexibile.

I will update or attempt Plan B, if this fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment