Monday, June 21, 2010

FATHERS


I feel like I have been blessed when it comes to "Fathers".

Husband: Father of my children and a child himself. He is a GREAT father. He is wise and teaching yet playful and goofy. He sticks to his guns and disciplines yet is soft while doing it.

My father: I have this intense love for Josh Turner and Randy Travis's deep voices. I used to love to sit on my Dads lap in sacrament, snuggle his neck to smell his colgne and listen to him sing. I can only imagine that it sounded a lot like my two country idols. I was his little girl. I was there whenever he got home for work for a foot rub and back scratch. Then I would spend the rest of the evening snuggled up at his side. I went with him whenever he had a errand to run. I would ask each time where we were going and his reply was always "to the moon".

Papa: My father-in-law is pretty amazing too. He is wise, quiet, loving, simple. He is nonjudgmental and always a listening ear. He is young at heart and can take on any of his boys in water sports or on the dirt bike.

Adopted Father: Although my uncle has 7 children of his own, he did not struggle to love me as one of his own when I needed it most. He is big and scruffy just like my dad was and is a warm reminder of him. He was a comfort when I was in the most difficult stages of life. His presence is a safe haven and welcome place to return to whenever I can.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet post. I had to call Steven in (he never reads these things) and read it to him. Thank you very much for your kind words. As far as we were concerned, it was a very easy thing to do.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete