Friday, June 11, 2010

VANITY


I am far from vain when it comes to looks. It is a blessing and a curse for my husband. I did warn him when we were dating that most days I do not wear makeup. He loves that it takes me only 5 minutes TOPS to get ready to go somewhere. He loves that I can get all of the children and myself packed and ready in the same time that it takes him to care for himself. But he does complain that it is only my patients that get to see me all done up. I tell him that it is a fact that people are easier to work with and nicer if you are beautiful and attractive, but he sees the beauty on the inside, so... I don't have to go through all that trouble, all the time, for him.

I do have a strong vain bone in my body in one area. When I do spend time on my hair I want it to stay that way for at least a day. Oregon mists and rain are a killer. Plus, I dread summers with unannounced boating trips. I do not like doing my hair twice in one day. Also... I went swimming for a hour last week and my hair is the texture of straw and completely unmanageable. I remember spending whole summers in the chlorine in Arizona and this never happened. Grrrr. Now I know why there are so many jokes about bad-hair-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment