Thursday, June 10, 2010

NEED HUMILITY


I have realized that multiple people around me are struggling. Some financially with slim hope of recovering soon, and some with very serious health problems. I sit here on my pedestal eating, drinking and being merry, with my mediocre complaints. I have amazing children that are all healthy and strong. I have a husband who I adore and works hard for his family. We have a home that is warm, and full of food. I soak in a warm bath daily. In my patriarchal blessing talks about me having adequate for my needs and enough to help those around me. I have spent thousands helping others struggling but...I feel the need to do more. I need to be closer to the spirit. Mourn with those who mourn, comfort those who stand in need of comfort. My hopes and dreams for a comfortable future are diminishing, but I know that if I am close to the spirit my family and those whom I love will be protected. With all that I am blessed with, how dare I just sit idly wasting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment